Monday 23 April 2012

An active portrait



1.

2.

3.

4.
5.
6.

7.

8.


9.
10.
For the active portrait I found a setting that made the subject feel completely at ease as it was their natural setting where they worked. The subject was a chef and he was cooking in a kitchen in a restaurant, which was the setting. Because I asked him to occupy himself by continuing to cook, he soon was completely at ease; doing something that came naturally to him. This meant I could concentrate on trying to capture his facial expressions in his workplace. I think I managed to do this well, although I did find the technical aspects (lighting and subject movement) quite difficult to contend with. However, I feel I got to grips with this as the shoot went on and I there were some natural and interesting facial expressions in their context captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment